I Am Legend - Richard Matheson












The original story is very different to the new film. If you thought the film was great, then you will think the book is better. If you thought the film was crap, then the book will change your mind.



The year is 1976. A terrible plague has decimated the world, and those who were unfortunate enough to survive have been transformed into blood-thirsty creatures of the night. Except, that is, for Robert Neville.



He alone appears to be immune to this disease, but the grim irony is that now he is the outsider. He is the legendary monster who must be destroyed because he is different from everyone else.



"The most clever and riveting vampire novel since Dracula." -- Dean Koontz



"I think the author who influence me the most as a writer was Richard Matheson. Books like I Am Legend were an inspiration to me." -- Stephen King



"One of the Ten All-Time Best Novels of Vampirism." -- Fangoria