In addition to Sound Forge 9 software, this comprehensive audio production suite includes CD Architect 5 software for designing, mastering and burning Red Book audio CDs, Noise Reduction 2 plug-ins to fix common audio problems such as tape hiss, camera hum, clicks, and pops, and the Mastering Effects Bundle powered by iZotope™, a collection of four professional audio plug-ins.
Stereo and Multichannel Recording
Sound Forge 9 software has a complete set of tools for recording audio. Record straight into your sound card or use the Record Timer to begin and end a session at a specific time and date. Alternatively, you can start recording when a certain audio threshold is reached with Threshold Record Triggering. You can also now record and edit multichannel audio files as easily as stereo files.
Precise Audio Editing
Edit stereo and native multichannel audio files down to the sample level in real time. Use familiar Windows commands to cut, copy, paste, mix, and crossfade audio. Drag and drop to edit between channels, and work on one file while processing others in the background.
Pristine Sound Quality
Sound Forge software supports full resolution 24-bit and 32-bit/64-bit float 192 kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity. Capture the subtle overtones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changes.
Powerful Effects Processing
Apply over 40 professional studio effects and processes including Normalize, EQ, Delay, Chorus, Volume, Dynamics, Noise Gate, Pitch Shift, Flange, and Vibrato. Chain multiple effects together and apply them to selections or entire files using the Plug-in Chainer. Sound Forge 9 software also supports DirectX and VST effects, including parameter automation, to expand the number of effects you can apply to audio and increase your mastering flexibility.
Sound Forge 9 software supports multiple video formats including AVI, WMV, and MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. Synchronize audio and video frame by frame. Import Flash (SWF) files* to visually synchronize your audio to your project. Sound Forge 9 software includes MPEG-2 templates for writing HDV-compliant files at both 720p and 1080i resolutions. Also included are templates for encoding WMV 720p and 1080p.
Dolby Digital AC-3 export
Use Sound Forge 9 software to export multichannel files in surround AC-3 format using the included Dolby Digital AC-3 plug-in.
What's new in version 9.0:
* Multichannel audio editing and recording.
* Updated Channel Converter for multichannel files.
* Updated Spectrum Analysis for multichannel files.
* Drag-and-drop mixing and pasting between channels.
* Hardware Meters window for monitoring hardware outputs and adjusting preview levels.
* Phase scope and mono-compatibility meter.
* You can now cut, paste, and delete data from individual channels of multichannel files.
* You can now update the cursor position and selection by double-clicking and editing the selection status boxes in data windows.
* Improved process and effects dialogs with selection, wet/dry mix, fade-in/out controls.
* Adjust data window selections/crossfades when process and effects dialogs are visible.
* Enhanced snapping.
* Enhanced color customization via Display Preferences.
* Enhanced keyboard customization.
* Updated marker and region ruler with selection snapping.
* Gracenote® MusicID™ technology for extracted audio from CDs.
Notable fixes/changes in version 9.0e
* Fixed a bug that could cause the Wave Hammer and Acoustic Mirror plug-ins to revert to Demo mode.
* Fixed a bug that caused the Cut and Copy toolbar buttons to be unavailable after making a selection.
* Fixed a bug that caused the Loop Tuner window to ignore vertical zooming and panning in the data window.